All of the PGA DFS content is geared toward providing information that will help with DraftKings and FanDuel daily fantasy golf, PGA odds and predictions in the best way possible. With the help of the Awesemo expert, this is the last of the week-long written PGA fantasy picks material for DraftKings and FanDuel at the Zurich Classic.
PGA DFS & Golf Betting Picks This Week: Zurich Classic
Two of my three favorites are playing this week, with Jordan Spieth taking a much-deserved week off. Sadly, Patrick Cantlay ($ 10,400) isn’t teaming up with Collin Morikawa ($ 10,700), but they each have one of the best in the world as their partner. Either of them could be the highest owned of the slate, with the other team falling right behind, but neither is priced high enough to scare me off. I’ll be overweight both this week.
PGA Weather Forecast
There’s a slight edge to the morning golfers teeing off on Thursday, with about a quarter of a stroke difference. That difference is minimized further for Round 2, with an average 2 mph difference between the waves. See exactly which tee times and groups get the most strokes gained based on their tee time as part of Awesemo’s PGA Weather Splits tool.
PGA DFS Slate & Golf Betting Preview
Total expected team pool: 43
Expected number of lineups created: 200
Total of Main Outright & Each Way bets: 5
Total Longshots: 3
Latest PGA DFS Content
Zurich Classic Fantasy Golf Picks & Projections
These golfers will have anywhere between 20% and 50% allocation.
Joaquin Niemann and Mito Pereira
$ 9,200 DraftKings / $ 10,800 FanDuel | 25-1 Outright / Eachways
Long-time friends and the pride of Chile, Niemann and Pereira are both making great cases to be part of the Presidents Cup team over the fall. Both played well last week, with Niemann gaining strokes in all facets of his game and coming in 12th, while Pereira ran into a cold putter on Sunday and finished 26th. However, he gained over five strokes ball striking for the event. Solid form and a good friendship to draw from should help them feel comfortable in the different formats this week.
Check out today’s FREE DFS tool of the day
Davis Riley and Will Zalatoris
$ 8,900 DraftKings / $ 9,900 FanDuel | 30-1 Outright / Eachways
Riley’s seven strokes lost on the approaches in just two rounds last week at the RBC Heritage is rather alarming. Stats don’t tell the whole story here, however. He hit the ball in the water twice and then missed the green by 30 yards right, all in one hole. That was his 18th on Friday during the toughest of conditions. He lost upwards of four or five shots on that one hole alone, so the 5.3 strokes lost on the approach is a bit skewed; take that out, and it’s just a below-average round. Riley’s top-end form isn’t that far in the rearview mirror, as he lost in a playoff to Justin Thomas about a month ago at the Valspar. So now he gets to shake off that lousy round by playing with one of the best in the game and a former roommate in Zalatoris. While they attended different schools for college, they lived together during their Korn Ferry Days. As this article will suggest, the relationship goes far beyond that, all the way back to their junior days. That is not a bad way to get the thoughts of a bad tournament out quickly.
Maverick McNealy and Joseph Bramlett
$ 7,700 DraftKings / $ 9,700 FanDuel | 60-1 Outright / Eachways
Another former roommate duo, McNealy and Bramlett both attended Stanford at different times, lived together around May of 2020, as found in this article. While having that narrative is great, one would assume people want to spend four days with someone they like and enjoy. Their play also warrants attention. McNealy’s has been simmering all year, and Bramlett is as steady as they come with ball striking, ranking inside the top 60 in both strokes gained off the tee and strokes gained on the approach. A solid price will come with higher ownership this week, but not above 20% in most contests.
Fantasy Golf Picks & Golf Betting Longshots
Three teams stick out this week and will get a higher allocation this week:
- Beau Hossler and Sahith Theegala
- Taylor Moore and Matthew NeSmith
- David Lipsky and Aaron Rai
PGA DFS Chalk Zone (Projected for 10% + Ownership)
E = Equal-Weight to projected ownership
Join AWESEMO + today!
Use accurate data and advanced tools crafted by the # 1 DFS player.
U = Underweight to projected ownership
O = Overweight to projected ownership
- Marc Leishman and Cameron Smith (E)
- Sam Burns and Billy Horschel (E to U)
- Shane Lowry and Ian Poulter (E)
- Tommy Fleetwood and Sergio Garcia (E)
- Talor Gooch and Max Homa (E to U)
- Harold Varner and Bubba Watson (U)
- Tyrrell Hatton and Danny Willett (E)
- Byeong Hun an and Sungjae Im (E)
- Greyson Sigg and Sepp Straka (E)
- Keegan Bradley and Brendan Steele (U)
- Adam Hadwin and Adam Svensson (U)
- Alex Noren and Henrik Norlander (U)
Fringe PGA DFS Picks (12-17% of Lineups)
- Keith Mitchell and Brandt Snedeker
- Wyndham Clark and Cameron Tringale
- Doug Ghim and Matthias Schwab
- Doc Redman and Sam Ryder
Alternates (6-11% of Lineups)
- Patton Kizzire and JT Poston
- Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson
- Martin Laird and Bobby MacIntyre
- Christiaan Bezuidenhout and Charl Schwartzel
- Troy Merritt and Robert Streb
- Scott Brown and Kevin Kisner
- Russell Knox and Brian Stuard
- Brice Garnett and Scott Stallings
- Peter Uihlein and Rich Werenski
- Harry Higgs and Austin Smotherman
- Tyler Duncan and Adam Schenk
Holes in One (1-5% of Lineups)
- Graeme McDowell and Seamus Power
- Jason Day and Jason Scrivener
- Lucas Glover and Chez Reavie
- Joel Dahmen and Stephan Jaeger
- Branden Grace and Garrick Higgo
- Sam Horsfield and Matt Wallace
- Patrick Rodgers and Brandon Wu
- Adam Long and Bo Hoag
- Hank Lebioda and Chase Seiffert
- Kevin Chappell James Hahn
- Joshua Creel and Chad Ramey
- Camilo Villegas and Kyle Stanley
- Curtis Thompson and Nick Hardy
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
The DraftKings DFS PGA projections, the FanDuel PGA DFS showdown projections and the FanDuel DFS PGA ownership projections for today are made and used by Alex Baker, the No. 1 DFS player in the world. Looking for more PGA DFS picks and DFS PGA stats? DFS PGA rankings for FanDuel will be posted at least a day in advance of any tournament.